Monday, March 9, 2009

Zero to 5K in 7 weeks!

I've always wanted to run a 5k. I'm not sure where this idea came from, but over the years, I've said I'm going to do it several different times. Each time, something came up and I never did it.

Today, my cousin Shannon sent me this link and I decided now is the time to stop making excuses and actually do it.

My cousin's children are affected by the same disease as Olivia was. Her friends started a fundraiser to help them build a house to accommodate their family. I help them by building and maintaining the site, but I always wish I lived closer to so I could help them out more. I feel like doing this race is a way to support the cause.

Want to join me? I hate running as much (actually much, much more) than the next gal, but it's for a good cause. And, you'll be able to cross it off your bucket list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment