Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend wrap-up

Friday after dinner, we took the kids over to Lacamas Lake so they could play while I attempted a 2 mile run. 25 ish minutes later I was done! It felt so great to complete that run - 2 whole miles, no walking. I've found that I run at a faster pace when I run outside as opposed to running on a treadmill. I think the fact that on a treadmill I can watch each .01 mile go by is part of the problem. That and the entertainment choices at the gym.

Saturday, we swung by the Nike store and bought the Nike + Ipod kit. It's great! I had a hard time getting it all configured at first. The Ipod wouldn't recognize the receiver until I restarted it twice. After that, it was pretty much smooth sailing. It was my off day, so I didn't run until Sunday. The interface is pretty sweet - every 1/2 mile a voice tells you your distance, pace and time. It also will play a "power song" on demand when you feel your motivation waning. I'm happy to say that I went over 2.25 miles and I didn't even need my power song. Yay!

BTW, I'm slightly embarrassed to say that my power song is Pon de Replay by Rihanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment